Lois is available to assist with a limited number of genealogical research projects each year. Her areas of specialty include
- Upper Midwest research. Lois has easy access to the Minnesota Historical Society in St. Paul, Minnesota, and also researches in Wisconsin repositories, including the Wisconsin Historical Society, and in northern Iowa counties.
- Pennsylvania research. Lois’ ancestors are from northeastern Pennsylvania; she learned about genealogy researching this area. She completed the GRIP‘s Genealogical Research in the Keystone State in 2015 and the Historical Society of Pennsylvania‘s Researching Family in Pennsylvania course in 2017. She travels annually to Pennsylvania to conduct county-level research.
- English research. Lois completed Paul Milner’s English research course at IGHR in 2012 and was a co-founder of the Minnesota Genealogical Society’s English-Welsh Interest Group. She subscribes to the leading genealogy websites for English research and has researched Yorkshire and Cornish families.
- Lineage society research. Lois is a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and has documented two Mayflower lineages, one for her membership in the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Minnesota, and one for the General Society of Mayflower Descendants. As an experienced lineage society registrar, Lois can help you discover and document your lineages too.
- DNA research. Lois has tested with Ancestry DNA, Family Tree DNA, 23andMe, and LivingDNA, and has used autosomal DNA test results, in connection with documentary research, to solve several genealogical problems. She administers the Abromaitis/Abromitis DNA project at Family Tree DNA, was a founding member of the MGS DNA Interest Group, and is a speaker for MGS’ North Star DNA Day coming in fall 2017.
If you’d like help researching your project, contact Lois at email@example.com for a free, one-hour consultation. To make the most of working together, gather the details of the individual(s) you want to research, along with a description of the work you’ve already done and the sources you’ve already consulted. Click here to view Lois’ schedule of fees to see pricing for various types of work. You may also want to explore Lois’ planning and coaching services.